Sunday, October 12, 2008

JIFFY Pineapple Yellow Cake!

Yesterday, it rained all day so I was home and looking for something to keep me busy, when I decided to bake. I love all JIFFY mix, from corn muffins to their lemon cake. I wanted to try something different with Jiffy's yellow cake mix, and first I was thinking maybe I should try to make cookies out of the mix, but then I found some crushed pineapple and a can of pineapple juice in my pantry, and left over cherry syrup from a bottle of cherries I had. However, I still wanted to stay away from making a cake, so I made the recipe into bars, more or less the same thing and topped it off with cherry buttercream. I do wish I had some cherries, and pecans to finish it off. There is two ways to make this recipe, one way is where I added flour to the jiffy yellow cake mix and another way where you can follow the jiffy recipe on the box and subsuite water for pineapple juice, mix in about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and stir in about 1/4 to 1/3 cups of crushed pineapple to your liking. If you use my recipe, the cake will be heavy.


My Recipe
1 box of JIFFY Yellow Cake mix
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 egg
3/4 cup of Pineapple Juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup crushed pineapple
2 tbsp cooking oil


Cherry Buttercream
1 stick of unsalted butter (room tempature)
3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1 to 2 tbsp cherry syrup


1. In a large bowl, mix egg, cooking oil, and pineapple juice until combined. Add sugar, and beat well.
2. Add the jiffy yellow cake mix and all-purpose flour, to the wet mixture and mix until smooth. Then stir in the crushed pineapples.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 squared pan. If you have some extra pineapples you can also sprinkle them on top of the batter. Bake for about 30 minutes or until light brown. Let cool, cut into bars and enjoy!
1. For Cherry buttercream, beat all ingredients in a small bowl with electric beaters until smooth and creamy. Spread over the entire cake.


JIFFY Recipe
1 box of JIFFY Yellow cake mix
1/2 cup of Pineapple juice
1 egg
1/4-1/3 cup of crushed pineapples

1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Follow the directions of the jiffy mix, subsituting water for pineapple juice, and mix in crushed pineapples. Pour batter in an 8x8 squared pan, bake as directed, let cool, frost with the cherry buttercream frosting and cut into bars. Enjoy!

0 comments: