Thursday, October 9, 2008

CINNAMON Roll Knock-Up!




This is what I call a knocked up job of Cinnamon Rolls. As a student living in a studio, money, space, and lighting are limited resources, so bare with me lol. Usually when I want something sweet and homemade, I go rummaging through my pantry and grab hold of whatever I can find. So luckily for me I had all-purpose flour, cinnamon, sugar, yeast, and powered sugar. Then I scanned through some recipes and decided to make cinnamon rolls, however the recipe asked for bread flour and another recipe also asked for plain white flour, so hey! at least I had most of the required ingredients. One thing I did learn is that, improvising is cool but following a recipe thoroughly is better, because my cinnamon rolls came out kind of heavy.. not so light and fluffy. But when your looking for a knock up job consisting of something sweet this is the way to go. OK so here's the real recipe not my knocked up cinnamon rolls.



1 pkg active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg, room temperature
2 1/2 cups Bread flour, sifted



Filling:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar



1. Dissolve the dry yeast in warm water, let stand until creamy about 10 minutes
2. Combine the yeast with sugar, salt, egg, and 1 cup of flour, stir well until combined.
3. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of flour at a time, beating well with each addition. When the dough pulls together place on top a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes or let rest over night.
4. Roll out dough into somewhat of a rectangle and now combine the filling mixture, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the entire dough. Now roll dough length wise into a log and pinch edges.
5. Cut the dough into 16 pieces and place cut side up in a 8x8 squared pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until double in size, about 45 minutes.
6. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Bake rolls until golden brown and Enjoy!

0 comments: